19 October 2020
No simple tasks are ever easy. After almost 11 years of travel our US state and Canada map decals were starting to peel and show wear. So I thought it would be a simple job using goo gone and hairdryer to remove and replace. John ordered replacements and suggested we put the maps on plexiglass and screw to the slide out. Sounded good so I got busy removing the old maps and decals never dreaming it would turn into an arduous task. After trying Goo Gone to no avail, decided to use vaseline and hot hair dryer(which I never use for its intended purpose). The vaseline seemed to work better;however, the plastic scaper was useless. So I used my thumbnail to get under the decal. Worked good,but still a tedious job. I wore out the hairdryer and had to buy another one. I even bought a set of artificial nails, but that was money wasted. Anyway after a week of rubbing vaseline alternating with the hair dryer, finally got most of the residue off. John installed the plexiglass and it looks great. Wish we had thought of this in the beginning.
Oh yes, we went to Lowe's and Home Depot to purchase the plexiglass and have them cut to size. Neither would do that so our next fail proof was to go to Ace Hardware in Ocean Springs. They cut the plexiglass to size. We have found the customer service at Ace to be superior and when possible shop there first. They also carry Dot's Pretzels so bought 3 bags.
The next project was to replace the screws on the valance next to my side of bed. It was loose. This is not easy to do as you have to take the whole thing down. It turned into a day project with a trip to the hardware store for parts. Now the next project is to restring the shade next to John's side of the bed and replace the drain extenders on the front of the motorhome.
Fortunately, John is very adept at repairs. Thank you, my dear.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.